Look Fabulous While Saving Money With Black-Tie Dress Hire
Not so long ago, we used to get dressed up to go to the cinema. Nowadays, there are fewer opportunities to don your glamourous gowns. Still, when you do, you want to look your glorious best. However, with the black-tie prices high, it may be challenging to afford that perfect dress.
Instead, why not consider black-tie dress hire? Renting a gorgeous dress from a luxury loan boutique such as Fashion Alta Moda means you can pick your favourite look for less, show off a different outfit at every event and help reduce fashion’s load on the planet.
Why Choose Fashion Alta Moda to Rent Your Black-Tie Dress?
What sets us apart for black-tie dress hire in Sydney and Melbourne are our:
- Range of international designers: We stock over 30 classic and cutting-edge designers, including Alexander McQueen, Chanel, Dolce & Gabbana, Emilia Wickstead, Goen. J, Johanna Ortiz, Khaite, Louis Vuitton, Miu Miu, Oscar de la Renta, Prada, Roksanda, Stella McCartney, The Vampire’s Wife, Valentino, Zac Posen, and more.
- Personalised consultations: Book a private styling session to take your look to the next level. Our luxurious hour-long consultations provide exclusive access to our exquisite collection, an opportunity to try on and photograph your favourites, and plan your season’s rental schedule. Enjoy your consultation in our styling suite or via video call.
- Sustainable style: Like our discerning clients, we want to help protect our precious natural resources. That’s why, in addition to encouraging re-use through dresses for hire, we stock a stunning pre-loved range. We also embrace eco-friendly practices by replacing traditional consumables, cleaning, and packaging with sustainable, reusable, and ethical alternatives.
So, please browse our collection of designer dresses; discover black-tie elegance and excellence and find a gown you adore. We also allow reversible alterations to ensure a perfect fit for your convenience and comfort.
2022: What You Need to Know About Black-Tie Event Dresses
‘Black-tie’ is a formal dress code associated with evening events such as high-profile award ceremonies, charity galas, and ‘black-tie’ labelled weddings or other landmark celebrations. Here’s what you need to know:
- What is the black-tie dress code? Attire etiquette is strict for men: black tuxedos, tuxedo shirts, and bow ties. Ladies must glitter and shine in elegant or showy evening dresses. Some flexibility allows floor or knee-length gowns, evening dresses or even sophisticated separates. Black is a classic option, but seasonal colours are also acceptable.
- Do I have to wear a gown? Generally, for black-tie, you can safely wear an upscale cocktail dress. However, keep colours rich and sumptuous. You can also opt for high-style separates; consider a chic silk blouse and satin skirt or even a dressy suit. Ensure to choose an elevated look or add a little sparkle.
- What does ‘black-tie optional’ mean? Wear your cocktail dress with confidence, but stay conservative – no minis, slits, skin-tight or plunging looks, please. While some flexibility is allowed for those who prefer not to wear gowns, stick closely to black-tie etiquette to avoid feeling under or inappropriately dressed.
- Is red too sexy for black-tie attire? Happily, the no-red rule is outdated. So why not be the belle of the ball in this warm and vibrant colour? Stay classic with luxurious silk, organza or chiffon. Also, you don’t need extra shine or details with such a bold colour, so avoid satin and embellishments.
When exploring black-tie dress hire in Melbourne or Sydney, look for off-the-shoulder, fold-over tops, wrapped skirts, rouched tops, unusual silhouettes, cut-outs and all-out opulence. 2022 is so an excellent time to show a little leg. Although black is forever on-trend and white is always ethereal (although never at weddings), colours are in vogue. So, choose warm and optimistic hues and shades that spark joy.
More About Fashion Alta Moda
We are all about guilt-free wearing rather than buying. We’re also about high-fashion and luxury, bringing you the latest global designers and designs. We ‘live and breathe fashion and are unique in Australia, focused on making exclusive designs more inclusive.
So, why not enter our magical world of accessible high fashion today? Book your date and hire or style appointment online or get in touch with us for more information. Don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter and VIP ‘Vault’ membership for invitations and access to exclusive events and our most premium garments.