A Guide to Formal Dress Hire for the First-Time Renter
Buying an outfit for a formal event is often an expensive exercise that leaves you with a wardrobe of garments you might wear once or twice a year at most. Formal dress hire eliminates the need to collect clothes that collect dust by giving you access to stylish outfits for any event. Fashion Alta Moda offers online formal dress hire in Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane. This guide to formal dress hire aims to help you get the most out of your first rental experience with us.
Four Reasons Why Renting a Dress Is Better Than Buying One
While buying a brand-new outfit for a special occasion can be exciting, it gets tedious when you find yourself purchasing a dress every time you get invited to a party. Here are four reasons to rent a designer dress instead of buying one for the next event you attend.
- Renting saves you money. Formal dresses are usually expensive off the rack, with even higher price points for alterations or custom designs. You can often rent high-end designer clothing that typically costs thousands of dollars for under 20 percent of its retail price.
- Gain access to unlimited designer pieces. Clothing rental services make high fashion more accessible, allowing you to wear designer pieces without the commitment of purchasing them. We stock dresses from designers such as Alexander McQueen, Prada, Valentino, and Louis Vuitton.
- No storage space is required. Formal dresses are often bulky items that take up a lot of wardrobe space - making collecting them impossible if you have limited space in your home. Renting a dress eliminates the responsibility of storing it after you have worn it.
- Rentals are the eco-conscious choice. Fast fashionrefers to cheap, disposable clothing that you only buy to follow a trend. Renting clothes is a more sustainable choice that helps you wear stylish outfits all the time without creating waste or pollution associated with clothing production.
Tips for Hiring a Dress That Fits
You may be sceptical about sizing when renting a dress for the first time, especially if you need a perfect fit for a wedding or public event. We have a team of stylists in-house to answer all your questions around sizing before you hire a formal dress from our Melbourne, Brisbane, or Sydney stockists. Here are three tips to help you get the best fit:
- Hire more than one dress. While we do supply a detailed sizing guide, every human body is unique, and there is always a chance that the dress you hire will not feel perfectly fitted. If you are unsure of your size, hire two sizes to give yourself an alternative outfit option.
- Take accurate measurements. Get a friend to measure your bust, shoulders, waist, and hips with a soft measuring tape before you rent a garment online. Take note of the fabric your chosen dress is made of - some fabrics allow for more stretch than others.
- Try on a similar style in person. Try on a dress in the same style as your chosen rental dress to help visualise the fit and how the fabric will fall on your body. We also offer periodic, pop-up fitting opportunities for ourformal dress hire in Brisbane and other major cities across Australia.
Find Formal Dresses at Fashion Alta Moda
Fashion Alta Moda offers formal dress hire across Australia to help you find the perfect outfit for every occasion. Our team of in-house stylists will gladly assist you throughout the process to help you rent with confidence. Contact us for more information.